The Park & Ride car park at Nant Paris is located between Llanberis (for the Llanberis Path) and Pen y Pass (for the Pyg Track and Miners’ Track) on the B4086.
- Grid reference: SH 607 581 (O.S. map Outdoor Leisure OL17)
- Postcode: LL55 4UG
- What 3 words: stall.seagull.verbs
- Location of the Park & Ride car park on Google maps
The Park & Ride is served by the Sherpa bus service and primarily serves walkers on the Pyg Track and the Miners’ Track (which both start at Pen y Pass) but also those on the Llanberis Path (which starts at Llanberis).
If the car park at Pen y Pass is full, or if drivers want a cheaper option, they are encouraged to use the Park & Ride facility, being only 3 miles (6 mins) down the pass towards Llanberis. It is 2 miles (5 mins) from Llanberis.
Using the Parking Snowdonia app, it is possible to see in real time how many vacant car spaces there are in this car park.
Minibuses can park at the Park & Ride car park as there are no height or length restrictions.
When the Park & Ride car park gets full in the summer, the adjacent field is often opened for additional parking.
There are toilets here, open 24/7 (seasonally from about Easter to the end of October).
There is a vehicle charging point at the Park & Ride car park.
If you wish to park here for several days (because, for instance you’re staying at the Youth Hostel and won’t be needing your car), rather than having to go down daily, tickets can be purchased for multiple days. (If, for instance, if you are parking for three days, you can buy 3 tickets on your first day, and display them all on your windscreen; this will cover you.)
Park & Ride bus (winter service until 22 March)
Out of season, the S1 is the only bus which calls at the Park & Ride.
- The S1 bus runs at hourly intervals between Llanberis and Pen y Pass, via the Park & Ride (at xx:15 past the hour). (This service is 2-hourly on Sundays and Bank Holidays.)
- The first bus leaves the Park & Ride for Pen y Pass at 08:15; the last return bus from Pen y Pass to the Park & Ride leaves at 19:30.
- The first bus leaves the Park & Ride for Llanberis at 09:40; the last return bus from Llanberis to the Park & Ride leaves at 18:10.
(The bus interchange at Llanberis is across the road from the train station, and about 80m towards the village. There are bus shelters there; you can’t miss it – see below.)
Download the Park & Ride winter timetable
- Download the winter Park & Ride timetable (S1) (until 22 Mar)
There is a taxi rank at the Park & Ride, where local taxis wait. This can be particularly useful out of high season when buses are far less frequent.
- Daily parking rate at the Park & Ride car park costs £5, up to midnight (card only – ‘chip & pin’ or contactless).
It is not possible to pre-book for the Park & Ride car park, nor to pre-book on the buses.
Bus fares from the Park & Ride to either Pen y Pass or Llanberis:
- £2 for an adult single (£3 return)
- £1.30 for a child single (£2 return)
- If you have a Welsh concessionary travel card, this can be used.
Buses accept both cash and contactless card payments, and dogs are allowed on all buses.
The full Sherpa service
For details of how the Sherpa bus service links with Snowdon’s other main paths, and for details of the full Sherpa service and timetables, see here.
Part of the Park & Ride car park, with toilets