(The links will take you to further advice on our main pages.)
- Plan your trip. Don’t just turn up!
- Before you leave, check the weather forecasts for Snowdon (especially at the summit). If the weather’s going to be appalling, be flexible with the date, if you can, and postpone it until a better time.
- Make sure you’re mentally and physically prepared. This is a mountain.
- Aim to start walking up the mountain in the morning. That way you can be sure of getting back down well before it starts getting dark.
- Before you leave, decide which path you’re going to walk.
- Before you leave, decide where you’re going to park (if coming by car), or where you’re catching the bus from.
- Make sure you’ve got suitable footwear and clothes (including waterproofs).
- Make sure you’ve got plenty to eat and drink as well as the basic kit in your rucksack.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged, in case of emergency.
- Don’t rely on the summit building being open (for toilets and drinks). Check to see if it’s likely to be open; if not, use the toilets at the bottom.
Further tips can be found on our ‘Preparing for Snowdon’ and other pages.