The Pen y Gwryd Hotel
By visiting cafés, pubs and restaurants in Snowdonia (Eryri) you are supporting the local economy.
Note that Hafod Eryri, Snowdon’s summit building, will not be open in 2022.
- The Halfway House on the Llanberis Path sells refreshments in the season (usually from Easter onwards).
- Pen y Ceunant Isaf café is passed near the bottom of the Llanberis Path.
Pen y Pass (Pyg & Miners’ Tracks)
- The Gorphwysffa café at Pen y Pass is open seasonally.
- Mallory’s Café & Bar at the YHA hostel over the road is usually open in the season.
- Caffi Gwynant is on the roadside at the foot of the Watkin Path.
Rhyd Ddu Path
- The Cwellyn Arms pub is in the village of Rhyd Ddu (just ⅓ mile from the Rhyd Ddu path). (Rhyd Ddu on Google maps)
- There are plenty of places to eat and drink in Llanberis. (Llanberis on Google maps)
Nant Peris (Park & Ride)
Pen y Gwryd
- The Pen y Gwryd pub is a mile down the road from Pen y Pass (towards Capel Curig).
- There are places to eat and drink in the village of Beddgelert (3 miles from the Watkin and Rhyd Ddu Paths). (Beddgelert on Google maps)
- Capel Curig is 5 miles from Snowdon, on the A5. There are several pubs, Plas y Brenin (the National Mountain Centre) has a restaurant and bar, and there is also the award-winning Siabod café. (Capel Curig on Google maps)
Betws y coed
- There are plenty of places to eat and drink in Betws y coed, 10 miles from Snowdon on the A5. (Betws y coed on Google maps)